The 4th St. W. Cultural Corridor is located between Main St. and 2nd Ave. W. and is part of a state-awarded urban grant. The City will install street trees, curb bulbouts, new lighting, and will fix sidewalks.
Included in the Downtown Plan initiated in 2013 and approved March 2014, this begins an exciting transformation of the future “Cultural Corridor” connecting Recreation Park, the James Memorial Art Center, and the Old Armory.
The 4th St. W. Cultural Corridor Committee is seeking muralists, sculptors, and artists of all ages to propose multiple concepts for art to be placed along the corridor. There are 5 categories, listed
The City and 4th St. W. Cultural Corridor Committee will work with selected artists to finalize plans, determine artwork placement, and implement the concept over several phases.
The goal of the 4th St. W. Cultural Corridor is to connection cultural and recreational areas of downtown via walkable, vibrant streets.
All submissions must correspond with the theme of “Community Reflections.” Be bold! Be creative!
Concepts must correspond to theme, “Community Reflections.”
Concepts must include details of how the project would involve the community: i.e. incorporating different age groups and individuals of varied backgrounds, teaching moments throughout implementation or construction of the project, etc.
Only original artwork is accepted & artists may submit
up to 3 concepts.
Concepts can be new or old!
Concepts may be any form of 2D art.
Concepts must not:
- Have been sold or reproduced in any way.
- Be offensive or contain representation of traffic signals or signs.
- Include any breach of intellectual property, trademarks, brands, images of illegal activity, etc.
- Advertise or promote business, product, or viewpoint.
- Functional Art - benches, bike racks, trashcans, etc.
- Wall Art - murals, mosaics, etc.
- Interactive Sculpture - large scale (10’ x 140’ available)
- Sculpture - smaller scale
- Community-Based Project - involves community members of all backgrounds, ages, etc.
Submission window: January 15 - March 1
Complete submission form here.
Email submissions to email@example.com or share via Google Drive or a Dropbox link. Subject line must be: 4th St. W. Cultural Corridor
Designs must meet these requirements:
- Images and documents saved as firstname_lastname_designtitle_4thStW_category
- Acceptable file types: .doc, .jpeg, .tif, .pdf, .psd, .ai, .indd
- Be complete.
- Help is available.
Submission does not guarantee selection.
Interviews may be required and a committee will select concepts. Preference will be given to local artists.
Installation timeline is subject to change.
Monetary reward is unavailable but public display of artwork and artist recognition (on the art & City of Williston website) will be offered.
If your project is unfunded or you need assistance with project implementation, help is available.
Downtown Plan | 4th Street Cultural Corridor
Site Plan with possible art areas identified (Green is for larger interactive sculpture area and yellow is for a variety of other submission types).
Artist All Call