- Fireworks can be sold from Saturday, December 26, 2020 through Friday, January 1, 2021.
- Fireworks can be set off beginning December 31, 2020 until 1am on January 1, 2021.
- Williams County’s fire danger rating is currently low. Avoid setting off fireworks in areas with trees, grass, etc. and find areas that are open, flat, and inflammable. For updated ratings, please see the ND Fire Danger Rating map updated every morning: http://bit.ly/386P78H
- Please be respectful of your neighbors and avoid large gatherings with individuals outside of your household. Practice social distancing and wear a mask if unable to safely social distance.
- Be safe! According to the National Fire Protection Agency, fireworks start over 19,000 fires and send over 9,000 people to the emergency room each year, with 44% of injuries being burns. Always be prepared with water or a fire extinguisher nearby, stay away from lit fuses, and properly dispose of spent fireworks. It is important to collect and dispose of refuse that lands on neighboring or public property.
Violation of this ordinance carries a $250 fine.