A fuel/gas permit and inspection is required for installation of an auxiliary LP storage tanks. Below are the following requirements that need to be met for an auxiliary LP storage tank:
- Permits and inspections shall be required for installation of auxiliary LP storage tanks.
- Installation shall be done by city licensed fuel/gas installer.
- Cylinder shall be placed on a solid non-elevated surface.
- Cylinder shall be secured in place.
- Cylinder shall be placed in position safe from damage.
- Connection at property/appliance/RV shall be in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
- Piping installed to convey fuel/gas from storage tank to RV shall conform to NFPA 58.
- Auxiliary storage tanks shall be located a minimum of 10 feet from RV, or in accordance with Chapter 61 of the 2012 IFC (6104.3)
- Piping for auxiliary tanks shall be protected from damage due to vehicular traffic and shall not pose as a trip hazard for pedestrian traffic. Bury depth for piping shall be a minimum of 12 inches. Where subject to vehicle traffic, bury depth shall be a minimum of 24 inches.
Failure to obtain the proper permits will result in a fine and removal of auxiliary LP storage tank.